Forum home Babies Breast & bottle feeding
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

OMG i think they are going to fall off.

Holy Moly my boobs hurt so much today, im sure ciara has something against my nipples and is trying to destroy them LOL. She latches on well and seems really happy feeding, but it hurts like mad for the first minute or 2, im using lansinho cream and putting some breast milk on them...but omg it still hurts. I think they are 'split' and a bit red around the nipple....the health visitor is coming to see me again today so really hope shes got some good advice...they are so sore just to touch..oooooooowwwwwwwwcccchhh.

okay, moan over...other then the poor poor nipples everything is going super;\)

Replies

• Options
    it gets much better i promise, my lo used to really hurt me and then without even noticing it didn't hurt anymore. your nipples toughen up one of mine blistered and scabbed over a little but the best thing to do is to carry on feeding and within a couple of days it got better. just wait till your lo gets teeth lol.
    xx
  • Options
    it will get better like shell said. persevere if you can, put lansinoh on them after every feed and in between if necssary. my advice to everyone has been nice warm bath with 5-6 drops of pure lavender oil in, lie on your front with your boobs dangling in! it is really healing honestly!
  • Options
    I'm glad I read this. mine are agony today too. They are so cracked and sticking to my breast pads. I've actually found that vaseline works better than the lansinoh as it's thinner and you can really slather it on without dragging onthe skin so much. I really hope that like you guys it will only take a few days to get better... Might try the bath too, although I think I'm not supposed to sit in water because of my stitches. Will check with my midwife next time I see her (or will call if necessary)
    xx
  • Options
    well im sticking at it but they still hurt a lot for the first minute or 2 of feeding....i think the anticipation just before feeding is almost as bad as the initial latching on. I keep telling myself that if i need to feed ciara in public i cant sit there crying, or pulling awful faces, so im practising suffering without making it obvious..lol. I have started counting slowly to 30 to try and focus on something other than the pain. Im sooo looking forward to the feeds when it doesnt hurt and i can look forward to feeding her....rather than feel the anticipation. xx
  • Options
    well done for sticking at it hun, it will suddenly go away and it will be totally pain free honest!
  • Options
    thanks, im really hoping it goes away soon...might have to have a party or some kind of celebration that day!

bailey_b
  • Options
    it will get better i wanted 2 stop after 2 weeks now my little one is 6 months and i dont want 2 stop its so handy,i think i will continue 4 another 6 months,,even though back 2 work soon......
  • Options
    When i first started breasfeeding my nipples were so sore and cracked because lo wasnt latching on properly, it hurt so much, i used nipple shileds for a few days to give them time to heal. I would recomend using them as the pain went away almost straight away, also make sure baby is latching on properly in exactly the right position as it shouldnt hurt at all!!!
    xxx
    33+6
  • Options
    Just came across these compress pads which look good

http://www.chemistdirect.co.uk/bio-fem-instant-relief-compress-x-2_1_12208.html

As others have said it will get better. Hope it's soon for you.x