Forum home Babies Breast & bottle feeding
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Green poo - sorry!!!

I have been breastfeeding by LO for 11 weeks now and since about 6 weeks, his poo has starting changing from bright yellow to green. Its not everytime but he seems to do yellow poos every day but one may be greeny pale brown. I asked my HV who is rubbish may I add, and she said he has colic but I know that he doesn't. He settles easily, sleeps from 7pm till 6am (I never planned for a baby that would sleep through but I am so glad he does!!!) but I don't know what else it could be. I feel like maybe something isn't agreeing with, even though he never seems to have tummy pains. Has anyone else experienced this? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks girls.

Replies

• Apparently sometimes breastfeed babies poo is green cozthey arent getting enough hind milk(the full cream stuff that comes out at the end of a feed that makes them sleepy). Do you feed off one breast or two?
  • My lo used to get green poo if I had been eating broccoli or sprouts or something like that.
    I wouldn't worry if I was you as long as he seems happy and healthy.
    Vic xx