Forum home Babies Breast & bottle feeding
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Vitamin Drops

I have just read this on the Annabel Karmel website that b/f babies need vitamin drops - no one has told me this.Is anyone else giving them to thier little ones - have I missed something.?

VITAMIN DROPS
Most babies under the age of six months do not need supplements however after six months it is recommended that breast-fed babies should be given vitamin drops containing vitamins A, C and D. Formula fed babies do not need these provided they drink at least 500ml formula milk a day since all formula milks are fortified with vitamins. You can get vitamin drops especially formulated for your baby from your child health clinic or local chemist.

Replies

• Options
    I read this as well when Millie was that age. We did used to give her vitamin drops but we weren't that good at remembering so she didn't get them all the time! Once they are eating a varried diet they don't need them anyway.
  • Options
    my hv said you dont need to as long as they are eating all there veggies and stuff.