Forum home Babies Breast & bottle feeding
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

I CANT get my son off BREAST FEEDING.!!!

Hi... My Son is almost 15 months old. Im having a very hard time getting him off of breast feeding.
He has NEVER had a bottle, he loves his sippy cup but only with Juice and Water in it. I cant get him to drink any kind of milk/formula etc. He also doesnt have a suther.. so i feel like my breast is his only comfort. He breast feeds all day and evening and all threw the night. I need time to myself. I cant even leave him with a babysitter for over 2 hours. Its gotten so bad he now sleeps with me cause if not he will wake up every hour looking for my breast!
Im losing it! lol... But I hate to hear my baby cry so i dont no what to do!! i NEED advice!!
he starts daycare in 1month!! I think it will be much easier for him if he is OFF the breast feeding completely!!

HELP!!:\?

Replies

• My sister has similar problems with her daughter who is now 18 months. She managed to wean her totally at about your son's age by getting my mum to stay over for a couple of days and having her sleep in with Alice so she was away from the smell of milk. Alice is teething really badly though and it was the only thing that would comfort her so they only went 10 days and now she is back to a couple of feeds a day. Alice does take normal milk though in a first years breastflow bottle and she also has a mam soother which she only started using recently and this is helping a bit so maybe you could try expressing for a bit and using a dummy for comfort if he will take it (my sister swore blind she would not use a dummy but it has helped and she only uses it a bit)? Could your partner or someone your son knows well spend a couple of nights staying with him to wean him off the boob ? Good luck xx
  • Thank You So much Tam!
    I will go out and try that sucky, Hopefully it works!! He will take Milk out of a sippy cup during the day, but not when he is tired.. But i will try.
    I swear he will not take the sucky! But! Its worth the try!!
    Thank you so much!! Ill keep ya posted! =)