Forum home Babies Breast & bottle feeding

Baby crying while feeding???

Sophia usually feeds better from my left breast, lately on my right she has a few sucks then screams, then a few more then screams and it goes on like this throughout the feed! I burp her, but that doesn't seem to be the problem! I don't know what to do as she's not emptying that breast now! Any advice???? x

Lyns n Sophia (20 days) xx

Replies

• Could it be that the milk comes a lot faster from that side than the other, and the let down is flooding her? If it is spraying when she comes off try expressing a little before you feed from that side to release the pressure.

Also, check your positioning on that side, and maybe try a different position.

We've been having similar problems on my left side recently, but my Sophie is 16 1/5 weeks and this is teething related.

One thing I have been trying is to start her off briefly on the favoured side and then switch her to the other side. It works about 50% of the time so is worth a try.

Persevere with putting her to the less favoured side and she will eventually take it.
  • Hi littlelyns

I was going to say the exact opposite to Mrs Bear, LOL!
    My eldest would get very frustrated and pull away and cry then re-latch and repeat when he was going through a growth spurt and wanted milk faster than my boobs could provide it!
    How long has she been doing it for? If it is growth-spurt related it should last couple of days max.

Good luck

Liz x