Forum home Babies Breast & bottle feeding
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

my Lo hates bottles .. anyone else?

Hi girls ..
my Lo is 16 weeks and i am breastfeeding ... however at the beginning i was expressing at feedin her from the bottle and she would take it fine
i have done 2 stay in touch days back at work and my mum looked after my Lo and she bottle fed her fine ...
however ive been quite lazy and havnt expressed for over a month but i have used those ready to go cartons
anyway the last few times ive tried Morgan with a bottle she has just cried and gets a bit hysterical, im a bit worried cause i dont want her to rely too much on me ? just for when i do go back to work ...
is it cause she can just smell my milk ? or is it cause shes too used to breastfeeding now?

anyone else had this problem? what did u do ? thanks for reading

Replies

• Options
    Both of my lo's were the same and never had bottles. I think it's a very normal problem, if you have a break from using a bottle that lo will find it difficult to go back to.

To be honest I have found it easier to give up expressing and trying the bottle. But then I don't have to go back to work until my lo is at least a year. Have you tried different teats, other people trying to feed her? I think persistance is probably the key. My friend had the same problem and just had to keep trying everyday, until one day her baby just took the bottle. She said it was very hard and took a few weeks of persistance but got there in the end. Good luck.