Forum home Babies Breast & bottle feeding
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Boobs, Bra's and BF Tops

Hi Ladies,
We are thinking of trying for baby no'4 in the new year and I would love to BF this baby for more than 2 weeks( thats the longest Ive fed any of my babies!!).
So I'm doing a little research into Bra's and BF tsirts/tops.
Where is the best place to get measured for maturnity bra's/BF Bra's??? With all my babies I only went to mothercare to buy them but after the snobby cow that tried to measure me and made me feel like a right idiot I never went back!!! I basically just brought what I'd hope would fit and got through it that way. The thing with mothercare bras though is that they make me feel like ive got Madonna cone boobs. :lol:
As for BF tops I ended up wearing my hubbys tshirts as the ones I brought just wern't long enough and I ended up Flashing more than I wanted!!!!!
Can anyone recomend any good places to get these things from?
Also how often and where did you get your boobs measured?
Any suggestions / advice is welcome as I would love to BF my last baby for as long as possible.
Thanks in advance xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Replies

• hi dont know how much help i can be but i went to mothercare to get my nursing bras and the lady who measured me was so lovely she helped me pick out the right type for me and when they didnt have it in my sixe they delivered it to my door free of charge the same week, maybe give them another go? as for maternity tops i found peacocks good ar blooming marvelous (although much more expensive)
    HTH
    Jo x
  • Thanks,
    I've moved now so theres no mothercare world here, I did wonder if marks and spencer was any good for measuring?
    Iv'e had a Bloomin Marvelous catalogue through the post today and some of their tops look nice.
    I shall keep researching, thanks though xxxxxxx
  • dont know but ive been measured in debenhams before and they were good not sure if they do nursing bras though but u could get measured there and then go elsewhere
    by the way LA Senza now do a maternity range although they dont do nursing bras but some of there stuff is nice xxx
  • I went to mothercare for my nursing bras, but I went to marks and spencers when I got pg and they were very helping with the measuring. No idea what their nursing range is like though.
  • I got measured at M&S for my maternity bras and again for my nursing bras.They were really helpful both times and they do a pack of 2 bras for ??20 something. I got 3 nursing tops from the H&M maternity range, They are really good cos they have the longer front like maternity tops (I wore mine when I was still pregnant) and they were cheap! Good luck with the bras, tops and feeding image
  • Both my Maternity and Nursing bras are M&S, I find them very comfortable even sleeping isn't a problem. I tried Mothercare on both occasions and found their bras very uncomfortable and far too big.... I haven't got any feeding tops at the moment - are they necessary?
  • Hi all, Thanks for you input and comments.
    I will definatly go for a nosey round M&s when I get time.
    Thanks again ladies
    xx
  • i got mine from debenhams,they do lots of nursing bras and they r usually in the sales too!as for tops iv never used them so cnt help there.Now i wear normal bras as fed up of no support from none wired ones but grace is over 6 mths now so its not such a fumble gettin boobie out!lol
    good luck with baby and with bf xxx
  • Thanks againd ladies. I do like the idea of the nursing vests under the zip tops as I live in zip/button fronted jumpers already!!!!!
    xxxxx
  • Useful to know about M&S for nursing bras, thank you.

Also wanted to add that I have 2 nursing tops from H&M for ??10 each which look like they'll be very good (baba not here yet) - they come down in a V at the front but have a sort of panel behind the V so that you can poke your boobie out (just looks like you have another top on under the outer layer). I have another similar one from New Look.

Might be worth checking the maternity tops you already have, as I had no idea the New Look one was also a nursing top until I washed it for the first time and saw the secret boobie panel!

38+5

[Modified by: PinkToothbrush on November 24, 2008 08:26 AM]

• hey,

I've never been able to find nursing bras in m&s or debenhams - how odd!! lol But, I do find the mothercare sleeping ones nice and comfy at night and La Senza do nursing bras which were the nicest looking and most comfortable I could find!
  • I got my nursing bras in M&S, there was one style which actually looked nice and was reasonably comfortable but they've now discontinued it, the newer ones aren't so comfortable for me. I'd never thought of La Senza for nursing bras, but the don't normally have much above a D cup so not much good for me!

Corinna x
  • i got a couple of nursing tops from m/care and vertbaudet, but i find it easier and more discreet to wear a boob tube/bump band under a regular top so i can pop lo under top without flashing a wobbley tummy image
    xx
  • Ive seen bump bands advertised and wondered if they are any good so thanks for that suggestion, and for all your suggestions they have helped alot.
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx