Forum home Babies Breast & bottle feeding
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

sleeping throught

i was just wondering at what age did everyones bf babys start sleeping throught the nite .all my freinds babys born at the same time are sleeping throught but are all bottle feed and also seem to have gained a lot more weight than my lo. even thougt the hv seems happy with his weight gain

Replies

• Hi - my lo is 8 months old and very rarely sleeps all the way through. She no longer has a feed in the night, and goes down at about 7.30-8pm, wakes several times, then at about 3am comes into my bed and sleeps then till 6am and she feeds again. I bottle fed my other 2 children and they slept through from 8 weeks so I have noticed a big change this time!! She gained weight steadily aswell - all babies are different though - just enjoy him!!
    Sam xx
  • Millie started sleeping through at about 7 months. She was still waking at about 5 for one feed so we tried just not giving it to her. We had two nights of her winging from 5 till I fed her at 6.30 and then she never bothered waking up again. Apparantly I slept through when I was 10 days old though and I was also exclusively breastfed so I really think it just depends on the baby. With regards to the weight gain, ff babies nearly always put weight on much faster than bf babies but it really isn't anything to worry about.
  • Sam is 21 weeks and feeds at 11 and then can't deceide whether to wake at 3,4,5 or 6! I am exclusively bf, my other 2 were ff by now and were sleeping through. I agree all babies are different and bf tend to wake more.