Forum home Babies Breast & bottle feeding
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

down to only 1 bf a day now so sad :(

hi all just thought id post n say i feel really sad as grace is now down to just 1 bf a day! she only has morning feed,shes been weaning herself off for a while and trying to drop the bedtime feed since i became pregnant but i feel really upset and bit guilty as wanted to continue till shes a yr! shes now 9 mths old and still has the mrning one so hope she continues with that one.Well done to you all for bf its a magical experience xxxx

Replies

• Aw sorry to hear that, don't feel guilty though as you've done so well! Probably not much help but try to think it may be better that she's weaning herself off rather than you having to stop it yourself (as I had to do, sob). I was wondering how you were getting on recently, hope pregnancy is going well and you're feeling good. xx
  • hi hun,thanx for the reply! yes i suppose it is better that im not having to wean her off myself but i hoped to get to a yr! just hope she carries on with the morning feed a while longer!pregnancy seems to be going well so far thanx xxx
  • Aww it is sad that its coming to an end, im going to be so sad when lo will have his last bf...but you have no need to feel guilty hun, its good in a way that grace is weaning herself off as i would probably find it hard to do it the other way round.
    Just think what a fantastic achievement you have done to be feeding grace for this long and when you look back you will be so proud of yourself and when grace takes her last breastfeed just think you'll have not long until you'll be breastfeeding your new addition! Fingers crossed she holds on to the breastfeeds a little longer xx
  • hi, my little boy is 20 months and i still feed him once in the evening to settle him to sleep. i have breast fed all 5 of my kids my longest for 2 years. it is sad when they cut down, i am sad as i will not be having anymore kids and when archie stops thats it, so i am hopeing that he carries on feeding for a little while longer. xx
  • Hi sweetie! I know how you feel Kyra's 8 months and I'm down to 2-3 feeds a day. Gona cry now image
  • its horrible isnt it thinking you may be stopping soon!! xxx
  • i know how you feel, my four month old has started rejecting me during the day... i still try and feed him at night when he is really sleepy, but i feel that as he is now being weaned onto solids he might just give up all together, so sad!
  • Both of my little girls weened their selves at about 11 months but my little boy was 2 when i weened him. I wonder if any one else has found this? I know i was very sad when the girls stopped and felt a bit rejected. Michelle.