Forum home Babies Breast & bottle feeding
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

first time expresser :)

Hi girls,

now my little man is 4 weeks old I have finally got around to expressing so hubby can gave a go at feeding him...I expressed last night for the first time and got just over 5oz..do you think this will be enough for 1 feed? Also if he's still hungry after that fo I just put him to the breast again?

I've decided that it's best for hubby to give elliott the bottle after his bath at about 6:30pm as our routine is feed, wait 10mins, then me and elliott have bath together for about 10 mins (as any longer he starts getting unsettled and cries) hubby then takes him off me and gets him dressed (at which point he is screaming and looking for boob) so I have a quick wash, get out and give him another full feed!

Was thinking that would prob be best time for the bottle as this way u can start having my nice relaxing soaks in. The bath that i used to have before becoming a mummy (god I miss that relaxation lol) and then when I get out bath I can express for the next day..does this sound good? Xx

Replies

• For a 4 week old, yes I'd have thought 5oz would be enough for 1 feed, particularly if you are on-hand should more be needed. If you were going to leave him with someone else, then I'd suggest getting a bit more just in case but when my LO was 4 weeks he was generally taking 3-4oz of EBM.

Hope this helps and good luck xx