Forum home Babies Breast & bottle feeding
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

How to get baby off breast

Hi
My lo is 15mnths old and I am trying to get him off breast and onto his cup any advice. I have several diferent cups but he won't feed properly from them and has never taken a bottle. I know he finds comfort and am happy that I have managed this long but due to health I need to try and stop, please any advice welcome.

:\?

Replies

• Hi sorry I can't help much but can sympathise - I am still feeding my 13 month old and am happy to carry on at the moment but she has never had a bottle either and although I was really proud of that it now seems a problem because she won't feed from anything else either!
    The only thing I can suggest is a cup although you would obviously have to help him with it. My daughter loves pretending to drink from a cup and has a bath toy like a cup which she tries to drink the bath water every night!
  • Have you tried a straw, I know it sounds odd but sucking on a straw is the same action for a breast fed baby, when I had my last lo she would not take a bottle or drink from a cup and was getting in a real pickle with going back to work and one of my friends suggested to try the straw and it was a roaring success good luck