Forum home Babies Breast & bottle feeding
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Anyone breastfed while pregnant?

I'm 13 weeks pregnant and still breastfeeding first thing in the morning and last thing at night with my toddler if she asks for it. She's not asking for it so much in the mornings now and the evening feeds are now very quick so she isn't taking much. Both my midwife and GP know and are completely happy with it. But my Mum is constantly carping about it (Along the lines of "I wouldn't want to think the baby isn't getting enough nutrition..." & "Are you sure the midwife is okay about this?"). Does anyone have any good ideas of how to shut her up?

Thanks

Replies

• Options
    My sis has a 20 month old she is still bf in the mornings and she is 20 weeks pg. She has spoken with everyone under the sun about it (La Leche League, NCT BF helpline, MW, GP!) and all said it's absolutely fine. Apparently you can even still bf toddler when baby is born. I can't see how that works because of colostrum... but apparently your body is clever enough to deal with it!

Not got any ideas of how to shut your Mum up! Just keep reassuring her the professionals all say it's fine. Tell her you'll eat doubly healthily just to make sure your bean gets all the nutrition it needs!

• Options
    Thanks Baby B. Its nice to know I'm not the only one :\)

I think a lot of my Mum's hang ups come from her having had me and my brother quite close together (17 months) and having stopped feeding him when she was pregnant with me. So its almost as if she considers my still feeding as a judgement on her giving up feeding. Which of course it isn't.
  • Options
    I fed my ds while pregnant with my dd.
    I found i was pregant when he was only 4 1/2 months which i felt was too early to stop feeding then as the pregnancy progressed I didn't want him to feel he was being replaced or pushed out! So i continued to feed him all through then tandam feed them both after my dd was born. By then He was 13 months and only feeding morning and night but when the baby was feeding and we were sitting and cuddling at home he would often want to feed as well I think this was for the closeness and attention. Which I was happy to let him do. They did say your body does no from the suck which milk to produce so each gets the "best" milk.
    x
    xx
  • Options
    Its quite amazing that a body can do that isn't it!