Forum home Babies Breast & bottle feeding
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Sore boob ...

Hiya,

For the last 24hours my left boob has been sore and its geting worse. My lo is 8.5 months old and so far we have had no probs but a month or so ago my lo cut a tooth and now he has 2 on the bottom. It really hurts when he first latches on so much so that I have to bite my hand to stop me from yelling out. It is only my left boob that hurts when he latches on. On top of this I have a very sore area on my left boob kinda at the bottom of my clevage. It hurts to touch or to hold lo on that side of my body. I cant feel any lumps. I also have a splitting headache this morning -dont know if this could be connected (no alcohol was consummed last night so know its not a hangover :lol: )? Has anyone had this before? DO you think I should go to the docs tomorrow?

Thanks
Emma x :\?

Replies

• Options
    i would get to the docs hun, just to be sure. it could be mastitis as you prob know, so you dont want to leave that as it could get really bad. the symptoms you describe sound v much like it, look out for other flu like aches, shivers etc too. get hot flannels on the area and massage it as much as you can- although the pain sounds too bad to do much! keep taking paracetamol incase your temp goes too high. if it gets worse today, get to primary care, dont leave it til tomorrow.
    has your lo recenty dropped a feed or anything liek that?
    my lo sometimes hurts when feeding, i can feel her teeth (top and bottom) scraping so i know how you feeel there!
    hope you get better soon!
  • Options
    hi, i agree with naomi, it sounds like it could be mastitis. that combined with the teeth could be causing the pain. maybe ask your h/v to check the baby is latching on properly on that side. also take lo off if bitng. they soon learn not to bite. hoe you feel better soon. definately get to dr's though.
  • Options
    Thanks for the replies. Im not feeling too bad tonight. Its still sore and I still have a headache!!! grrr! I think he latched on incorrectly one point the last week and that my boob is still recovering from that and that is why it hurts when he latchs on.

I dropped his lunchtime feed a few weeks ago so I guess this could of triggered it? I will go to the docs tomorrow morn to get checked out. I dont have any other symptoms but my body seems to do a good job in hiding these things. There are still no lumps and the pain is kinda further into my boob. I hope its not Mastitis!! Cant believe I managed to get to 8.5mnts with no probs and now this ,,,, Thanks again!! image