Forum home Babies Breast & bottle feeding

nights away??

Sorry in avance if this post sounds very selfish and superficial but my friends are booking tickets to see take that next june when my lo will be 4 months old. I'm really hoping to breastfeed and express. Will a long night away from baby even be possible? I'd be gone for about 8 hours. I know the answer is no as what if im unable to express and i don't think i'd even want to be away for that long. Just after your thoughts really. Am i mad to miss it or mad to go?!Thanks ladies xx

Replies

• Hiya I don't think you are selfish at all. These things are possible with a little planning!
    I had my best friends hen party when my lo was 4 months and it was a whole night away. We went at tea time and were back the next morning first thing.
    I am breast feeding and didn't want to have to stop.
    What I did was work out how many bottles she would need for the time I was gone and then expressed well in advance and froze the milk.
    It worked fine and my husband just thawed out the breastmilk and fed her.
    The only downside was I had to take my breast pump with me and express a couple of times or I was really full and uncomfortable!
    I was worried that she would be confused when i got back, from having a bottle for 4 or so feeds in a row, but she was fine.
    I hope this helps you xxx
  • if lo was gonna be 4 weeks i wld have said you wld be mad to go, however as lo will be 4 months i think you would be mad to miss it. depending on what time you leave lo might only need one feed.

You might not even need to express as lo will prob be sleeping for 8 hours at night so your boobs will prob be fine waiting 8 hours btween feeds.

I wanted to see a play in london when lo's were 5 months i rang up and asked if there was somewhere i cld express and they let me use their medical room.

So i say go book the tickets!

xxDBxx
  • I'd say book them! Take that are fantastic live! As other have said, you can express the feeds.
  • Go for it!! Whenever me n hubbie go away (not very often but has been a couple of times since havin grace) i take my pump and express whenever she would usually feed to keep my milk supply up and also as its so painful getting v full!As others have said at 4 mths lo may not be feeding that much in the night if at all,i bet you'll have a gr8 time!! xx
  • Thanks for the replies-im going to get the ticket, im sure someone will take it off my hands if i change my mind! I missed their last tour so i'd be gutted if i missed this one too (im v.sad!) xx
  • Go for it pixiebob! I would say though if you plan to express start fairly early on (after a couple of weeks I think) and do it regularly. I know it's probably different for everyone but I couldn't express after leaving it quite late and when angelo was 4 months he would still be up at least a few times in the night for his milk! x