Forum home Babies Breast & bottle feeding
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

can u combine breast feeding with nipple sheilds and bottle

? im breast feeding with niple sheilds has i have flat nipples abnd regan wont latch on.. but wen i do start going out and about with him im wanting to express milk in abottle for him but also breat feed when im in the house.. would this hinder him taking to the nipple sheild? thanks xx

Replies

• hi hun, i'm really not sure, i mix fed my ds for 7 months but i never used nipple shields, i do know one lady who i used to go to a breastfeeding group with she used to bf via nipple shields but alos gave her lo a bottle of EBM every bedtime, so i'm assuming it is possible. i wld speak to ur hv or if ur in touch with a breastfeeding supporter/councillor (if not then ask ur hv to pont u int he direction of one/support group) for more advice as i wldn't wanna say iether way as i don't know, but i didn't wnaan read and run.....sorry not been much help xxx
  • My SIL is mixed feeding with nipple shields with no problems. Her baby is nearly a month old now.