Forum home Babies Breast & bottle feeding
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Are my boobs giving up??

I'm not sure whats happened but for the last few days my boobs have seemed alot more 'empty' than normal. Even if I haven't fed for a few hours I seem to have less milk than I did b4? Was'nt sure if it's them just settling down or my milk is suddenly going to dry up?? My little girl is now almost 9 weeks and has recently started going about 6 hours at night without a feed, could this be why? During the day it is more like between 2 and 4 hours. Just wondered did what everyone elses boobs are doing really, is this normal?
Sarah x x x

Replies

• Options
    Hi ya - don't worry it is not them drying up it is just you rbody settling into creating the milk it knows she needs rather than over producing! There will always be what she needs there if you feed on demand - through growth spurts she may feed more often but this is to ensure your body increases production to meet her new needs.

Stick to it and well done on getting this far!
  • Options
    Thanx 4 replying hun. Thats what I'm hoping. They are certainly alot more comfortable now image I'm just paranoid they are going to suddenly run out of milk!!! I'm not used to them not leaking all the time!! I think it might be because she is feeding less often now but probably taking more at each feed. x x x
  • Options
    Totally know what you mean (my lo is now 8.5 months) and I leaked ALL the time and was v uncomfy to start with but it did settle down and I am still feeding him now (just morning and night) and there has never been a prob with no milk! Honestly like you say it is just your body getting used to it!
  • Options
    wow hun!!! well done for still breastfeeding!! I hope I can do it for a while this time as with my last baby I gave it up around 3.5 months and with my first baby she was only 6 weeks. I'm not sure I ever got to the stage where things start to settle down b4! lol! x x x