Forum home Babies Breast & bottle feeding

Period back after 8 1/2 weeks? Worried! (TMI)

Ok girls please give me some advice on this......

So I am exclusively Breast feeding my little boy who is going to be 9 weeks old on saturday.

I stopped my 'post partum' bleeding at about 2 1/2 weeks and stopped the 'discharge' at about 6 1/2 weeks.
Today I found some blood in my knickers and, at first was not too worried as it was only a relatively small ammount and so assumed that it was my period starting up again. However I am now worried as I didn't think periods were meant to start this quickly when BF.

Is it 'normal/ok' to start having periods this early when BFing?

(For extra info Robert has about 1 expressed bottle feed every 2 days or so, but other wise is exclusivly bf, uses a dummy for a short time every day and tends to sleep for about 5 1/2 - 6 1/2 hours at night, followed by 1 hour awake and then another 3 asleep and has done since birth!)

Replies

• everyone is different , some have periods while bf some not till lo starts weaning or droping feeds some not till lo stops bf.
    when i went on mini pill doc said i may get period but still no sign of it!!! yipee!!
    hope this helps love fiona & hayden 18wks
  • Hi, please dont be worried! As already said, every woman is different. I know someone who had her first period the first month after giving birth and know a woman who didnt get hers back until her lo was a yr old! I got mine back when lo was 6 1/2 months bu they are not regular atm and have been told its because im still breastfeeding. You may be ok and have them regular but thought id let u know just incase! HTH xx
  • Hi as the others have said, don't worry. I got mine back with all 3 of mine after 8 weeks too and this time had another period 2 weeks after that one which was really annoying - mine have all been exclusively breastfed too. xx
  • tHANKS GIRLS!

On the slight plus side.......my periods used to be really painful and this one is hardly painful at all so, if I have to have them back early then at least they don't hurt as much!