Forum home Babies Breast & bottle feeding
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Really worried.. please advise!

My Baby's just been diagnosed as being lactose intolerant. I find this so hard to believe but everything's making sense now. I thought it was bad reflux all this time.. Anyway, I'm mainly breastfeeding him with the occassional top up. I am going to see the doc about this, but right now he's just told me to change nothing. I'm not at all keen on soy milk. Does anyone have any experience and / or advice on what to do, formulas to try, etc. Am really worried... My daughter, who's now four, loves milk so much - I never thought of lactose intolerance as a possibility in my baby boy!

Replies

• Options
    I'm so sorry. There are special lactose free formulas that arent made from soya. Hope it works out for you.xxx
  • Options
    Thanks, am looking into those... But I think the main thing I have to do is go back to breast feeding exclusively. Really don't know if this is possible but am working on it now...
  • Options
    Hi, we thought Angelo may have been lactose intolerant when he was a few months old and dr told us to try colief drops which apparently help babies digest lactose better. I was also told that I could try expressing before bf as the foremilk is very high in lactose. I'm not sure if these ideas are suitable for your lo (maybe depends on whether it's a mild intolerance or not??) but thought I would mention it if you wanted to ask your hv/dr. good luck.x
  • Options
    Actually I think I might try both your suggestions. The doc now says it's very mind so I'd much prefer if he didn't ahve to go off lactose...
    Thanks!