Forum home Babies Breast & bottle feeding

Which bottles to use during breast feeding after expressing

Hi Girls,

Whats everyone's preference Tommee Tippee or Avent? Any help appreciated as I cant decide!

Thanks,

Ruby x

Replies

• I have Avent and Sam has took to them no problem - but it wasn't till after I got them that I was told Tommee Tippee are best as supposed to be best for breast fed babies.
    Sorry not much help.
  • hi ruby i have the tommee tippee closer to nature bottles and have been mix feeding Abby since she was about 3 weeks old and i have had no problems with her taking either nipple or bottle she is now almost 8 months with no feeding problems
    fea x
  • Tommee Tippee too!!! Baby latches on just like boobie image
  • yup tommee tippee closer to nature! oh thinks they look like boobs lol :lol:
    susie xxx
  • hia,my baby is only 10 days old but i have started combining breast and bottle and she is taking to them both fine.I am using the tommee tippee closer to nature ones too and find that baby opens mouth wide around the large part of the teat just like when on the breast.hope this helps,hanna xx
  • Neither!
    I bought AVENT but my LO refused them & it was a real fight so my sister bought me a MAM bottle to try & he took to that straight away!
    The MAM teats are silky soft and a nice flattened shape & I think that's why he took to them.
    When I changed to just formula at 6 months he uses the AVENT bottles fine so they weren't wasted but to get started he would only take expressed breast or formula milk from the MAM ones! Babies ay!
    xxx
    http://bd.lilypie.com/F4kYp1/.png

• I'm using Tommee Tippee ones and my lo took to them straight away. They have a really good teat thats shaped like the boob, so not had any probs swapping whilst bf.xx