Forum home Babies Breast & bottle feeding
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

This will sound really strange but..........

Has anyone here stopped breatfeeding, and switched to bottle, regretted it and managed to get their baby back on the breast, even after their milk supply has stopped. I asked an adviser and she said this is possiable, but doesn't happen often, and i just wandered if anyone had tried it and it had worked. I'm not holding my breath but i have really regretted stopping breast feeding and i hate warming the bottles and things, seems so un natural image

Replies

• i havent got any experience of this but have read it can be done if your persevere. though it is hard to start once you stop.

maybe try using a pump plus baby plus giving her bottles and see what happens.
  • hi
    i've also heard that using a nursing supplementer is good, there's an article about a woman adopting a 12 week old baby and doing it it on the wall at the breast feeding clinic here, thing it's published by la leche. you can buy them from medela, they cost about ??20 I'm using one just now as my lo has problems sucking and my milk supply is really low, if you've got any questions about it please just ask!!

good luck
    aileen xx
  • thanks i'll look into it image xx