Forum home Babies Breast & bottle feeding

new combo feeder - 4 week baby how much formula ??

Hi ladies

i was bf up until a few days ago but now i am giving a couple of bottles of breast milk a day and then the rest forumula

i am giving 4 0z at a time but my LO seems hungry after a couple hours maybe less

do i need to up the feed s ??

Replies

• hello

you will find a young baby may only go a couple of hours between feeds esp during the many growth spurts, they have such a small tummy they cant hold a lot at a time, if LO is draining the bottle you could make the next bottle with an extra oz,

we uped a bottle by an oz everytime we had a couple of days of the bottle being totally finished

• thanks i will give it a go , just so worried abotu over feeding him - he was bf for the first 4 weeks and then you read you can strecth their little tummy by overfilling with bottles and i panic im filling him too much ... have upped him to 5 0z now to see how he gets on .. thanks for the advice xx
  • hey my hv told me you cant overfeed them as they'll bring up anything their tummies cant contain!! Like piggypops as soon as lo started draining a certain size bottle reguarly we upped the amount, if that doesnt work bubs might not be hungry and may be tired as its often easy to misread the tired/hungry signs x