Forum home Babies Breast & bottle feeding
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Formula

Hi

I was just wondering what formula you are all using. When my DD was born 'the best' was Aptimal so when I gave up breastfeeding I swapped to Aptimal. I was thinking about doing this again with this baby but I'm not sure if now the Heinz Nuture is better as its more expensive again!

So if anyone could tell me what they're feeding their baby or were advised to feed their baby if formula feeding I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks

Replies

• hi, i when my lo was born we tried sma gold- really didnt agree with her, tried aptimal easy digest which also gave her a poorly tummy, finally found her settled on aptimal 1, maybe just buy a few cartons to begin with just incase it doesnt agree with ur lo then u wont end up throwing away a whole tub. xxx
  • hi, i when my lo was born we tried sma gold- really didnt agree with her, tried aptimal easy digest which also gave her a poorly tummy, finally found her settled on aptimal 1, maybe just buy a few cartons to begin with just incase it doesnt agree with ur lo then u wont end up throwing away a whole tub. xxx
  • Hi, we used Hipp Organic with our ds2 and we are using it again with our dd. They seem to take it ok. Some places don't seem to stock it tho so its harder to find than the sma, nuture or aptimal.
  • I exclusively bf my lo til she was 5 months and thenwent back to work and had to give formula durin the day, tried her on sma gold 1st an she hated so moved to aptamil and she's been fine with it
    xxx
  • I exclusively bf my lo til she was 5 months and thenwent back to work and had to give formula durin the day, tried her on sma gold 1st an she hated so moved to aptamil and she's been fine with it
    xxx
  • Aptamil easy digest is working for my LO. I tried Cow & Gate Comfort but she didn't settle on this and I found it horribly thick to get through the size 2 teats I've got on my MAM bottles.

I like the smell of the Aptimil better too.......thhe C&G smell used to make me gag (but I am sensitive like this!)..Not sure if LO agrees on this or not!
  • Hi,

I tried SMA gold with my lo but it really disagreed with him so I switched to Hipp Organic and he got on fine with that. Seems to be one of the cheaper ones around too, and it is supposed to be an easier to digest one xx
  • Lily had SMA Gold but she was very sicky with it, so HV said we try SMA Staydown but she was still sicky. So against HV advice I changed her to Cow and Gate and she was fine and has been since (she's 7 1/2 months now). Good luck choosing.
  • i gave my little one cow n gate she drank it but had constipation and traped wind didnt now till reacently it could have been the formula i was giving her i am expecting my second child in august and thinking of trying aptimal