Forum home Babies Breast & bottle feeding
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Aptamil hungry baby formula??

Hi there,

my DD is 10 wks old and has been on aptamil stage 1 since I stopped breastfeeding at 5 wks. However the last 2 weeks shes been an absolute nightmare between feeds.
She almost always has 5-6 oz going 3 hours (sometimes less!) between feeds, but then she just generally is miserable getting worse towards when shes due a feed again.
I understand babies cry and whinge but she is really bad and its as though shes never satisfied for long after a feed.
I was wondering if anyone had tried the hungry baby milk and what signs I should be looking for that shes not getting enough satisfaction from her feeds at the moment? I dont want to change her milk unless I absolutely have to but she just seems so unhappy all the time!

Any advice would be much appreciated!
Sarah.xxxx

Replies

• Options
    Hi Sarah
    I'm considering hungry baby formula too as my LO doesn't ever seem satisfied with his feeds. He's 9 weeks today. I would be interested in any replies to this too. xx
  • Options
    Can you get your lo to take any more milk? If not, then as she is taking quite a lot anyway for her age it may be worth trying HB. I used it at night to try and get my lo to go between feeds longer and used stage 1 in the day and she had no problems with it. My lo was also a nightmare with feeding but becuase she wouldn't take a lot! She would take 4-5ox every 2 1/2 - 3 hours right up until weaning! If you do try it, then I suggest you try it early on in the day to start, then if she does have a reaction you aren't dealing with it in the middle of the night!
  • Options
    hi all, just a quick reply tp say my lo has been exactly the same of late, he is almost 6 weeks and had gone from being a completley happy, relaxed, contented baby to being completley miserable and just never satisfied, he was taking loads of milk (6oz) but it like he was in pain because he was so full but just still not feeling satisfied, anyway to cut a long story short we gave in a got some hungry baby milk yesterday (also using aptamil) and hes like a new baby.. back to his usual happy self and had his usual naps and everything too! bonus... hes been too hungry to sleep last few days bless him! i would give it a go, it hasnt upset my lo in anyway at all, hope this helps xxx
  • Options
    The other thing I meant to say is they have growth spurts fairly regularly from 6 weeks so this could be the other reason for the feeding problems. It usually goes on that they feed quite often for a few days and then settle down to normal routine but larger amounts! when they are over it, they usually have a sleepy day or two