Forum home Babies Breast & bottle feeding
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

VERY slow bottle drinker, help please

My LO takes AGES to drink his bottle and it is becoming quite stressful. Any advice on how to speed him up please?

He was on Tommee Tippee bottles but didn't get on with the teats as he couldn't form a seal and leaked everywhere. He is now on boots wide necked bottles. It takes around 45-1hr for him to drink 5oz! where as my nephew, who is 4 weeks older at 12 weeks downs his in 15 min!!

Replies

• My son used to take ages on TT bottles aswell. We changed him to NUK bottles and he now only takes about 30mins to take 8oz! He is very greedy though (he's 12weeks)
  • We use TT bottles. I found that going up a teat size helped massively! x
  • We use TT bottles and LO was taking 5oz in about 10-15mins, shes been suffering with colic so we changed her formula to Aptamil Comfort and it took her about an hour - didn't realise it was thicker! We changed her teats to medium flow and also variflow and she was straight back to 10-15mins so I think it can depend on the formula, we've also just been prescribed Infant Gaviscon and that also contains a thickening agent.
  • I agree with going up a teat size. You can always come down again if lo doesn't get on with it. xx