Forum home Babies Breast & bottle feeding

Advent Bottles Leaking

I have been using advent bottles with expressed milk with no problem. However I'm slowly introducing formula and have noticed that when I shake the bottle the milk is going everywhere!!! It's ok when she's feeding but when I but the round thing on and shake to mix up the formula it's everywhere. Am I doing something wrong? Does anyone else have this problem?

Also how messy are bottles compared to breastfeeding! I thought you could make up the amount of bottles you need in the morning and use throughout the day but seems not. How is it possible to boil kettle wait 20 minutes add formula shake and then cool down when your baby is screaming!!!??

Any help or tips welcomed!

Replies

• Hi sunshine

Sorry can't help about advent bottles leaking as I use TT CTN bottles, but i'm sure their was a post on here not long ago about this and a few ladies said it had something to do with how tight you close them.

As for making them up what I do is boil kettle and let it cool and then make up bottles with the water only and put to one side and add formula as you require it.

Hope this helps
    Christine x
  • Hi sunshine81

Firstly, I also noticed that Avent bottles (we used them at the beginning before switching to Dr Browns). I found they only leak if you over-tighten them though. Try putting them on firmly but not overly tight.

Secondly, I boil the kettle and fill all bottles with water. I then leave them on the side all day (teats and lids on) and then just grab a bottle, add the powder and shake when I'm ready to feed.

Hope that helps xx