Forum home Babies Breast & bottle feeding
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Gina Ford and Bottlefeeding - help!

Hello,

I am hoping someone can help me as I am a bit confused reading the CLB book. Not sure if it is just me being stupid but I have got to the section about routines and it says all the routines are for BREAST FED babies. At the moment I am thinking about bottle feeding and I am confused because I thought her routines were for both yet can only see reference to breast fed routines and not bottle fed. Do bottle fed babies follow the same routine?:\?:\?:\?

Sorry if this seems a daft question but if someone could help me out with this I would really appreciate it!

Thanks

Replies

• Options
    As far as I am aware breastfed babies tend to feed more on demand to start with and settle into a routine as time goes on! if you are bottle feeding you are more likely to get them into a 3/4 hourly routine! The ideal for both types of feeding is to get 3 or 4 hours between feeds! So yes, I would follow the same routine for bottlefeeding if it is that sort of gap!
  • Options
    Thankyou v much - that is a big help!
  • Options
    No probs image