Forum home Babies Breast & bottle feeding
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

hi ladies TT bottles?

Hi well i am 37 weeks today and i have got TT bottles as i am not breastfeeding as i dont want to.

Anyways my question is i have now heard TT bottles are ment to be hard for LO to drink from?

Has anyone had any problems with them? or have they worked well for you?

I now dont know if i should get some different bottles as well incase my baby girl cant drink from them?

MJ 37+0

Replies

• Morning, i have used tt closer to nature for both my boys..3yrs and 6wks and have had no probs with latching on.
    They have been amazing as the nipple is shaped like the breast.
    Everyone has their own opinion but i love them!!

• im a nurse and when i used tt bottles in hopsital (night feeds - parents had brought their own bottles in) i hated them and found them akward to put together and just generally didnt like them and prefered the avent bottles so thats what i bought for my own (i also didnt want to breastfeed) my daughter is a month old and im so glad i went with the avent ones they are so much easier...my friend went with tt and hates them as she said the teat gets sucked into the bottle by her little boy (who is 15 weeks) everyone is different so you may love them or you may hate them but wont know until you try i suppose but at the end of the day im sure your little girl will be able to feed from them....

Lx
  • hi, i first used the AVENT bottles with my son who is now 6 months old. these leaked badly. i replaced the bottles and same happened again. lots of friends i know have had similar problems.

i then bought some tt closer to nature bottles and found these to be ideal, no leaks and lo took to them straight away. we did have a couple of instances where teat gets sucked in but found the flow was not fast enough for lo so got the next teat up. but like lauz41 says you either love them or hate them!!