Forum home Babies Breast & bottle feeding
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

which formula??

hi... i am 36 weeks pregnant and want to buy some formula as im not sure i want to beast feed... although i am really not sure which brand to use? suggestions please x

Replies

• Options
    Hi I will be buying SMA, we used this for our daughter and it was fine.

34+2 x
  • Options
    hi hun...our HV has just been to see us....our LO is 18 days old and we moved to formula on Friday after 2 weeks of Bf'ing which ended with us both being unhappy!! .

We're using aptamil and the HV has just told me thats the best one to use as they rarely see any 'problems' with babies on Aptamil...sicky etc... she said they see most probs with SMA

Good luck, I'm sure whichever you choose will be fine for your LO.xxx
  • Options
    Hey Im 37+3 and also not sure I want to breastfeed and I have bought in some cow and gate formula. As well as being the cheapest of the three most popular ones, my health visitor also recommended it. I asked my midwife aswel and she said that all the formulas are very similar and its just individual choice xx
  • Options
    I tried my lo on all 3 of the above and she seems to prefer the aptamil and is less sicky on it (as in hardly ever!). Also it has the immunofortis in it which helps to give them the immunity they miss from not having breast milk! I am not sure cow and gate and sma have this. It is down to personal choice and your baby! As an idea, you can buy the ready made cartons of formula which are more expensive but good if you aren't sure. Why not buy one of each and see what baby prefers when he/she is here! Plus if you decide to bf you haven't wasted money on a tub of powder!
  • Options
    I am in the middle of swapping from bf to ff after 5months of bf. I use aptimil. My hv recommended I went to my local shop and see which I could buy easy as you never know when you may need some at short notice!
  • Options
    I used aptamil but it didnt agree with my LO he suffered with really bad wind and sickness. Im now using SMA gold and so far no problems to report think all babies are different
  • Options
    Hi, we use Aptamil. I couldn't bf and a senior midwife in the birthing centre I was in recommended it - she said it was definitely the best on the market in her opinion. We've had no problems with it xx
  • Options
    thanx girls!! i ended up buyin sum aptimil on sunday. im due 2mora. n im really nervous lol x
  • Options
    Good luck with it all hun image
  • Options
    Enjoy your lovely new baby! image xx