Forum home Babies Breast & bottle feeding
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

should i change his formula

Hi Everyone,

my son is 7 weeks old and from about 2 weeks he has suffered with tummy pains and we have bouts of crying all day everyday, I tried infacol for a week but it didn't realy help and made him quite sick. as soon as he was a month old I used gripe water which really helps however his tummy pains are still there and seem to effect him after or during a feed.

He is currently on SMA gold, is putting on a healthy amount of weight and is not sick at all however I think he has trouble digesting it - I'm tempted to try eith cow & gate comfort milk or Apamil comfort as I have read that the protein is partially digested and it has half the lactose??

What would you do? I am going to speak to my HV tomorrow but would really apprecite some advice

Thanks for reading
Lisa x

Replies

• hi hun it may be worth switching over to a comfort milk, we had a few trial and errors before we found 1 that agreed with lo. the best one for her we found was jus the normal aptamil 1. xxx
  • hi lisa
    i changed our lucy who is 2 weeks old to cow and gate comfort yesterday,it was a great success(so far anyway)she was very hard to wind before and alway seemed to have a pain in her tummy.now i just have to sit her up for a few mins and she gets it up!she takes a little bit longer to drink it cos it's a bit thicker but she's doin fine on it.hope this helps.x

• I changed from Cow & gate to Aptamil, was told that it was lighter on the stomach therefore he could digest it easier, seems to have worked. x
  • Thanks for your replies everyone, I went ahead and changed to aptamil comfort and it really is like having a different baby, he doesn't seem to be in pain at all and has had lots of poo's without straining as much as he used to. He is even sleeping better at night and taking naps during the day which he didn't do before - lets hope it continues.

Lisa x