Forum home Babies Breast & bottle feeding
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

poos!

just wondered how often your babies poo.

we went on to exclusive ff ten days ago and baby is now only pooing once a day. its still runny when it does come so i dont think he fits the description of constipated but is in an awful lot of discomfort straining to do one.

we have tried giving him cool boiled water and this morning he pooed straight away after it but hasn't been again all day. i've just tired some baby massage techniques and he's had another bottle of water. the doctor said that formula has a lower water content than breastmilk so you may need to give extra water. we've also given him infacol although we didn't take it out with us today so he's not had any allday.

how often is normal for a ff baby to do a dirty nappy - on bf he was doing 5/6 a day. any ideas/suggestions?????

Replies

• I'm also in the process of changing to ff and poo's have definately eased off, they tend to come all at once either in the evening or first thing in the morning. Like your bubs our little one also seems to strain and seems to have belly ache. We give her some gripe water - Infacol made her sick. Gripe water works really quickly. I was told by GP to not give too much water as she then won't eat as much. As long as is still pooing I wouldn't worry too much. The other thing my little one does is trump an awful lot, definately a lot more windy now on formula - She wakes herself up every morning then gets quite distressed by the noise!!!
  • jessica is ff and goes once a day. she pullssuch a funny face when shes doing one!!!

they are mushy and smelly