Forum home Babies Breast & bottle feeding
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

hungry baby food question

toby is only 2 weeks old and is niw on 150ml. we though hubgry baby would be a good ption.

on the cartoon it says from birth but midwife says from 6 weeks. have no faith in my midwife so thought i would ask you ladies.

if we did replce even just one feed wit hubgry baby what effects wouzd this have on toby? thanks x

Replies

• Options
    Grace has been on hngry baby since she was about 5 weeks; my Health Visitor is not keen due to it being so different from stage 1 but was supportive when Grace's appetite became completely insatiable! She became a changed baby overnight, bless.

My understanding is that it's not good for their tummies to use both stage 1 and 2 as their digestive system can be confused, hence I think it would probably be best to switch completely.

At 9 weeks, Grace is on 200ml (7oz) at approx 6am, 9am, 12pm, 3pm and 6pm. She then sleeps through and has a dreamfeed around 11pm.

Hope this helps,

Em x
  • Options
    I personally wouldn't put them on it that young as they are still getting used to feeding! How often is he on that amount? If it is any more than every couple of hours it could just be that he likes to eat often rather than being completely hungry!

Re using both 1 and 2 - my lo had stage 1 all day and stage 2 before bed and she was absolutely fine!

If you are going to try it, may I suggest you try it early in the day so if he has any reaction you can deal with it in the day rather than the middle of the night!
  • Options
    ur midwife probably recommened u wait til 6 weeks as at the moment he cld be so hungry as he'll be having loads and laods of growth spurts and these setlle down after 6 weeks. xx