Forum home Babies Breast & bottle feeding

After some advise on BF to FF

:\?
Hello, Hope everyone is well??

I'm Zoe and my LO is Alfie he's 11 weeks + 1 day.
I've been EBF since birth and giving alfie more bottle of formula just recently as not had a great christmas due to two bereavements in the family am now having trouble getting him to come back to the breast during the day....
Since around 5 weeks I have been giving him a bottle of formula at his bedtime feed and was still continueing to bf during the day. ( and expressing between 5-8oz)
I'm now really struggling and getting a bit down (as i have a stinking cold also!!)...
So am thinking about going to formula apart from the morning feed! as I would like to carry on giving bf in the morning.
Not sure how to go about this?? PLEASE can someone advise?

Many Thanks
Zoe x

Replies

• Well done for doing it this long image

If you have been mainly EBF then you should cut down one feed at a time so that your boobs get used to it and don't engorge too much! I don't know how often you should cut one out, but I guess it depends on how your boobs feel!

I personally just stopped, but I wasn't getting enough milk so didn't have the engorgement issue

hth a bit xx
  • replied in BF xx
  • Hi,

I went from BF to formula at 6 weeks over a 2-3 week period gradually reducing feeds as I didn't want to upset her and to help with engorgement.

Breasts still were engorged when I stopped completely and were very painful for 3 days but then eased off and now at 10 weeks almost back to normal and no pain or leaking.

Inka xxx