Forum home Babies Breast & bottle feeding
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Changing to Aptimal milk

Has anyone changed the formula that they're giving to their LO?

Evan has been on SMA gold & expressed breast milk since he was born (he's 3wks today), but it seems to be making him constipated and a he started with a bit of colic on Thurs night. So after a few recommendations from here, we've decided to try him with Aptimal, but he doesn't seem to be going as long between feeds now.
We changed him to Aptimal yesterday and he only seems to be going 3hrs between feeds at night and today he's only been going 2hrs. This is not like him, as when he was on SMA he was going 4/5hrs between day and night feeds.

Is Aptimal less filling or has anyone else experianced this when changing formula? Or could it be a growth spurt?

Lisa & Evan 3wks xx

Replies

• I was going to suggest a growth spurt?! Or you could try the hungry baby aptamil? But i think you should talk to HV before moving to that one as i believe it quite thick which allows their stomachs to be fuller for longer.

I only changed from aptamil 1 to apamil comfort so not exactly the same, but i didnt experience him wanting more......it just helped with his sick. He has always gone 4 hours between feeds regardless of a growth spurt. When he was having a growth spurt we gave him more milk at that feed...so upped the ozs he had. Might be worth speaking to HV as i know they say you shouldnt chop and change formula, so wouldnt want you to do it unless you absolutely had to. xx
  • changing formula is unlikely to ease constipation, we find a couple oz of cooled boiled water does the trick, i agree with era9 on the growth spurt front you'll find he go through stages of taking more frequently x