Forum home Babies Breast & bottle feeding
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

How many oz?

I am gradually switching Harry from breast to bottle feeding, and have a quick question. Obviously when he was breastfed I had no idea how much he was having as he just stopped when he was full.

On the tin it says a baby roughly his age (4 1/2 months) should be having 5 x 7oz bottles a day. My question is, when I make a bottle up with 7fl oz of water and add 7 scoops of powder, the resulting liquid actually fills the bottle to the 8oz line. Does this mean I am giving him a 7oz or 8oz bottle?

I know he'll only drink till he's full the same as before, but for my own reassurance I'd like to know what he is drinking.

Thanks!

Clare & Harry

Replies

• I think that would still count as 7oz cos its 7 scoops, thats how i would put it anyway. I been bottle feeding by 22 week old girl since birth.x
  • hi clare- think my lo is same age as yours (09/09/08), lolah has 5x6oz bottles a day. yeah, if u make up bottle with 7oz of water and 7oz of powder it means he is having 7oz of milk. xxx
  • thanks for the replies - there's always something to learn isn't there!

yay a birthday twin with lolah, they will both have a cool 1st birthday date - 09/09/09! my friend wanted me to try and hold out until the next day, ie 10/09/08 but once harry decided he was coming there was no stopping him!
  • ahh, yeh they will have a great first birthday date. it was my fault she came on the 9th. my first lo was born on 9th feb and my hubby is rubbish with dates so i said hope this baby comes on the 9th then he will only have 1 number to remember for their birthdays! he still struggles to remember tho!!lol.......men!!! xxx