Forum home Babies Breast & bottle feeding

Putting bottle in steriliser

Hi Girls,

I am due next week and just sorting the last bits out, we actually won our steriliser, its an advent microwave one but all our bottles are tommy tippie....my question is do the bottles need to be stood upright in the steriliser or do you kinda just chuck them in, thanks

38+4

Replies

• They need to go in upside down so the steam can get in the bottles properly. Well done on winning you steriliser!

Cat xxx
  • I thought so, thanks. it was actually though OH work, it was a raffle haha.....brand new, un opened x
  • The other thing I would add to that - I don't know if you ca use the avent as a cold water one too - but if you do, they can go in anyhow as long as there are no air bubbles in them! I personally find cold water easier than microwave!
  • Hi Immense, As to the cold water steriliser( which I too find easier, and intend to use agian with this baby) yes they can go in anyway up as long as there are no air bubbles, if your cold water steriliser came with a tray place this on top after putting your bottles in so that the bottle cant rise up out of the water.
    Hope this helps x
  • Oops! I forgot the tray! i did mention the air bubbles though image