Forum home Babies Breast & bottle feeding
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

So little milk?

Hi ladies,

Nico is now 12 weeks old. I stopped breastfeeding nearly 2 weeks ago and Nico is now on formula for a variety of reasons. He doesn't seem to take a lot!!! He was on sma but we have changed to aptamil. He seems better on this milk but doesn't drink a lot. He is never hugnry when he wakes up and so far this morning has only taken 2 ounces. Yesterday his first 2 feeds were 2 ounces the next one 3 then 4 he had 5 in the middle of the night then back to 2.

I feel like he is being starved!!!! He is very happy, in 3 to 6 months clothes but just seems to me that he is taking little.

Any advice? I never had this with my first as breastfed for 7 months.

Thank you
Dani

Replies

• Options
    my first was bf for 1wk then bottles and my second is still bf. I would try and reduce the night to 3 or 4 oz to try and encourage a slightly bigger feed for breakfast? Cant guarantee because even on bottles they can have different amount at dif times on bf they seem to do it automatically. But you are right the aim is more feed between 7am ish to 11pm and hopefully a more settled night. Not sure if you are into dummies as ff babies take to them and can settle them long enough to give less in night then dummy and let them gorge in the day.