Forum home Babies Breast & bottle feeding
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

new tommee tippee bottles markings!!

Normally I think tt stuff is fantastic, all the bottles I bought prior to change are great. However the new tt bpa free bottles I think are a good idea but I am unhappy about the markings on bottles. For anyone who hasn't seen them the markings are no longer bold and black but are the same colour as bottles just slightly raised, this makes them very hard to see especially with steam from boiling water or in dim light (night feeds).
Using the incorrect water/powder ratio is dangerous and can make babies unwell, When contacting tt they are aware of problem but think the fact its bpa free is more important. I personally think they need to modify the product to make it safe. There are already negative reviews cropping up on internet (ie. Argos).
I'm hoping by spreading the word that we can get tt to change the bottles as my email is apparently a one off unhappy customer. I am going to start a facebook group and hope some of you ladies will join &/or complain to tt before any babies become ill.

Thanks, http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=83776579131

also in baby

[Modified by: mrsclaretweeze on 21 May 2009 20:00:19 ]

Replies

• I agree! It's such a pain trying to see the markings.
    Also in the night if they don't finish the bottle its hard to see how much is left exactly.
    I have joined your FB group.
    Naomi
    xxx
  • i;ve joined too x x
  • i've already written to them. i've spent a fortune on bottles that i cant use because you can't read the markings. i need to know how much my lo has had and i need to know i'm making formula up correctly. i agree we should campaign for better markings!!!!!
  • thanks ladies, the more people that join the more likely they are to take notice.
  • Argh these new bottles are a friggin nightmare!!! As much as I love the TT products, they really messed up taking the coloured markings off the bottles. Joined your group too hun.

Cat xxx
  • I have joined too. These bottles are really annoying. Most of my bottles are the old style so I use them to measure the water for the others. Shouldn't have to though, very silly, xx
  • I agree it is annoying! I have marked them with permanent marker and then sterilised them - seems to be ok now!