Forum home Babies Breast & bottle feeding
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

help!!

Hi, Im kate, I gave birth to a beautiful baby boy 2 weeks ago today. I decided I wanted to breast feed from early in my pregnancy. Jude latched on straight away and has been feeding really well. The only problem is im finding having no time to myself really difficult and feel really tied down. I wanted some advice of anyone who has experience with both breast and bottle feeding. I feel really guilty if i decide to give up but want toknow if bottle feeding is any easier. Id be really grateful if someone would share there experience.

Thanks

Kate x

Replies

• Hiya i started to bf my lo but it wasnt filling her i wasnt producing enough milk so after much deliberation i decided to top her up after bf'ing, this helped a good deal for a few weeks but by the timeshe was 7 weeks old i just couldnt feed her enough so i tried to express only manging one bottle of 5 oz if i was lucky , i felt awful at first but happy baby happy mummy!! she is fully bottle fed now and very content most of the time lol,
  • hi ya i was like you i really wanted to bf all the way through my pregnancy and everything was going great lo latched on lovely and i never had any problems but i always felt alittle bit to attached and that i always had to be there for him for everything so at 7 weeks i started by making my husband give him a bottle at bedtime so i got a break and then by 9 wks he was being totally ff as i found if i was sorting out our other 2 it was easy for my husband to give ff then me to stop and bf him. anyway he's now 16wks and there isn't a day still that i don't regret stopping bf. i would love to still be doing it.. so my advise is to really think about it before you change coz i've tried to start again but couldn't.but he is also do fine on ff i think i'm def more upset about the change then him x x