Forum home Babies Breast & bottle feeding

What age to stop bottles?

I was wondering what age you stopped or plan on stopping using bottles for your lo's. My little girl is 8 1/2 months old and I was thinking of changing her to just beakers when she turned 1, she drinks water/juice from a beaker without the lid on and was thinkging of doing this when she was 1 with cows milk. She only has 2 8oz bottles now with extra calcium from cheese and yoghurts so I was planning on giving her her cereal and a glass of milk at breakfast and then a beaker of milk at bedtime whilst reading her bedtime story.

Replies

• I would just go with what you think baby and when you think the little one is ready.
    with my son he wasnted everything form a beaker from a young age, but with my daughter she would drink anything from a beaker except her milk after breakfast. it took a long time but eventulay i got her to change it from a bottle to a sports bottle, then to a beaker she just didnt want her milk in anything else for a long time
  • My eldest boy is 3 1/2 and we're finally winning the battle lol He was doing gr8 then his younger brother arrived and he went back to only wanting bottles but fortunately, he only has one in the morning and at night - during the day he has lidded cups or a beaker and straw. At long last, we are now getting into the cup or beaker for morning drink now too!
  • With Amy we done away with daytime bottles when she reached 1 but let her have a bottle of warm cows milk at bedtime though by the time she was 15 months she didnt want it anymore & preferred a wee bit of toast before bed xx
  • sam is almost 10 months and he only has a bottle in the morning and at night. he has the avent training cup which is a handle and spout u attach to the bottle. its really good and has made the transition much easier :/)