Forum home Babies Breast & bottle feeding
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

changing formula and follow on milk

Hi, my 8month old has been on aptamil happily for 4 months now after bf. Went to buy some more and started looking at follow on milk and it does seem to have higher values of vitamins iron etc in it ( and little one is not wanting to drink much milk anymore!) . There was an offer on SMA so I'm trying that. Should I be swapping brands? Thought it wouldnt really matter as changing to follow on anyway and surely her tummy should be pretty good at change now she eats most things????

Can I just swap straight away, or s it best to alternate the feeds for a while ( I've got a cupboard full of ready made cartons that I need to use - in case of emergency ha ha)

Any advice greatly appreciated. Thanks

Replies

• I can't see there would be much difference as you are changing to follow on anyway - but maybe try a bottle or two of the SMA and see how lo gets on before changing over completely? Like you said though, she should be able to stomach things better anyway?

I am no expert though as my lo is only 4 months, but when I went from breast to bottle I tried all the different milks over a few days and she was fine!