Forum home Babies Breast & bottle feeding
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Advice needed plse plse for windy baby......at wits end..

Hi ladies...plse plse can anyone give me some advice........my LO is two weeks old and suffering awful wind/colic in the evenings/night.....just cant get her wind up and spend hours trying to settle her as she cries so much when we put her down....she pulls her legs up and clenches her fists in pain.

She is on Aptamil first milk and I was wondering if changing her to Cow and Gate Comfort or Aptamil Easy Digest would help me??

Can I can continue Aptamil in the day and use the Comfort or Easy Digest in the evenings/night....or do I have to switch completely to the new formula?

Do any of you use these or had similar problems with your LO's and have found that it makes a huge difference?

Infacol not not wroking...at wits end and in need of some sleep inbetween feeds at night.....

Please Please help.....boo-hoo :\(

Replies

• Hi pinkpig, you have my syphathy as i went through the same with my son who is now 7 months old, i found the only thing that worked was infacol, we tried everything, only wi th infacol you have to use it in every bottle over a longer period of time for it to work. We also invested in the Dr brown colic relief bottles, they are a bit pricey but i found they helped a little, & lots of winding i found was the only thing to help. we tried cow & gate comfort but it just made him 10 times worse and i spent a fortune having to change him back, if you wanted to change milk i would ask your HV first & personally i would stick to 1 milk all the time. I tried everything and found most things just made it worse, its an awful time but it will settle .... honest... i know thats no comfort for you now tho !!
  • hi

have you tried colief drops? they are a bit pricey but worth every penny
  • hi. I agree with coxley. Stick to the one milk formulae and just wind the baby more often.
  • hi my lo was exactly yhe same. i changed milk to cow and gate comfort and used infacol and it worked well. i also took her for 2 sessions of cranial osteopathy and that also made a big difference