Forum home Babies Breast & bottle feeding

how many bottles/dummies?

Hi

Im going to be a 1st time mum and planning on bottle feeding i will try BF but it will be a max on 1/2 months then bottle.

How many bottles will i need to buy roughly? Im planning on buying the avent elec steriliser, but dont have a clue on how many bottles and teats/dummies etc to get to start with? Also what teats? Any help would be much appreciated ladies

Ta xx

Replies

• I had the avent steriliser and teats. when ss was young I had 6 bottles ( though she now only has 4 a day). It all depends on how often you want to sterilise things really. dd only uses her dummy for going to sleep but we have 4 as she quite often likes to chuck them out of the cot!!
    hth
    xx
  • I have the same as Luc. Six bottles and 4dummies! Never run out so I suppose that's about the right amount!
    My son uses MAM dummies, which we find really good and also come in lots of nice designs and colours. We started on Tommee Tippee bottles but he could not feed from them very well, so we changed to NUK bottles which he does really well with. I've also heard lots of good things about Avent bottles, and mose babies seem to get on fine with them.
    Good luck becoming a Mum!
  • we make up a days bottles in advance and 7 was enough for us when LO was demand feeding, we had 4 dummies when LO was tiny but needed more when he got past 3 months as they would be dropped a lot x

[Modified by: piggypops on May 20, 2010 09:07 PM]

• we have 6 bottles which has been enough and she is now on 3 a day and we have 3 dummys but she only likes 1 so we are buying 2 more when we do shopping. the other 2 she will take if she is very tired and has spat one out of her cot but gernally doesnt like them. also I found with both my girls, they only liked the older style cherry dummys!
  • hi thanks for the replies girls, i ended up buying an advent dig sterilizer which came with 3 mini bottles and teats with an extra pack of 2 0m teats, i got an extra 2 small bottles and then a pack of 4 larger avent bottles with 3m teats i got a bargain on them from baby show ??38 for all of the above. ive bought 2 dummies so far and ill get another 2 if the baby takes to them.

Thanks a bunch

xxx
  • I have 8 tommy tippee bottles which seems to be enough and allows me some leeway in keeping up with the sterilising image

I didn't buy a steriliser - we used a tupperware lidded tub with a vent that goes in the microwave!

Also got 2 dummies although lo doesn't seem impressed by them - she's only take it a couple of times so far so I probably won't bother with them much.

xxx