Forum home Babies Breast & bottle feeding
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

COLIC

HI
Can anyone lpease help. My 6 week old baby has colic. I have tried infacol and also now trying gripe water. Does anyone know how long it takes for gripe water to be effective. He is uncomfortable and GP and midwife have no other suggestion

Sonia

Replies

• Have you tried colief drops?
    They worked a treat for my little one.
    They are quite pricey ??9.99 for a tiny bottle which lasts 3 weeks but it is worth every penny.

• Hi
    I tried these too and they were brilliant in the first weeks when my LO had colic. Their expensive but fab. infacol didn't touch his wind and he wouldn't have gripe water but this is so easy as you mix in with the milk.
    hope your LO is feeling better soon.
  • THANKS FOR YOUR HELP
  • Hi there-my little one had colic when he was about 6 weeks old and as a first time mum found it difficult- I found infracol really good and we switched to using Dr Brown bottles-a bit pricey but worth it. My health visitor also said to try putting one teaspoon of Yahult in his bottle-don't know if it worked but I was willing to try anything.Also baby massage can help-get your health visitor to show you how if she hasn't/knows how to do it.
    Due my second in April and am going to use the Dr Browns bottles again-hopefully will prevent colic again.
    Hope this helps
  • my daughter has horrendous night time colic she is breastfed and has a bottle in night to help with the feeding issue the dr brown bottle are excellent the teat never collapses. we would struggle with colief as she doesnt have a bottle often so its difficult. nightmare! x
  • Thanks for all your help I did get the Dr Brown bottles and that has really helped. He is alot more settled. Also got gaviscon from the docs and also been using gripe water.