Forum home Babies Breast & bottle feeding
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Hello

Hi Ladies,

Well I really wanted to bf my baby girl,Tamzin, for at least 3 months. But with a very demanding 8 and 6 year old. And Tamzin going from a very settled and content baby to feeding every hour or so for over a week, I have started her on formula.

She has taken to it really well, and as 4-5ozs every 4 hours. She is 25 days old today. Since having formula from Monday, she is my happy settled baby again, apart from being a little constipated.

Just thought I would come on here and say hi.

Does it sound like she is feeding enough? She was 8lbs 8ozs last wek(7lbs 4ozs at birth)

Kerry and Tamzin xxx

Replies

• Options
    Hi Naz,

Had tamzin weighed today as she is 4 weeks on Saturday, she now weighs 9lbs 1ozs.

Cant believe how much shes changed since she was born.

Kerry xxx
  • Options
    Hi sounds good what she is taking as James is 7 weeks on mon and he is taking the same amount between 4-5 ozs but going 4 -5 hrs between feeds apart from teatime where he goes 3 hrs between feeds he must be hungrier for some reasons but its only once and then back to normal, i am getting him weighed on wed as he hasnt been weighed since he was 3 weeks and he was 8 lb 11ozs and 7lb 1 1/2 at birth so i cant wait to see what he weighs.
    vikki xx