Forum home Babies Breast & bottle feeding

Help!! My angel seems interese in what i eat!!

Leo is only 15 weeks and he has his milk every 4 to 5 hours he eats about 180ml to 210ml a day and at bed time at 8 pm he normally has between 180ml to 240ml.

he likes to wake up again to eat between 11:30 to 12:30 and then againg after 4 to 5 hours. it seems too much bet i dont know if maybe he is not happy with his milk, i already try changing his milk but it ws a really bad idea, know i think he needs to start weaning however is still too early.

any advise will be very helpful

thaksxxxxx

Replies

• hi again!

charlie is 16 weeks and i started weaning him at the weekend.

i weaned him because he was unsettled and grumpy, watched with interest when i was eating, cried for more milk when he had finished his bottle but i couldn't give him anymore milk cuz he would sick it up again. I held off as long as poss to wean him, i waited till he started waking during the night for feeds again which he did 3 nights in a row last week.

I give him a few spoonfuls of babyrice in the morning and tea time and already i have noticed an improvemet, he is much more happier and settled.

Your hv will most likely tell u to hold off weaning, but only you know ur baby, so follow your instincts. try and hold off as long as u can tho and only start to wean as a last resort.

hope this helps x
  • Hi again to you

thanks again for your info, i know i should fallow my instinct i think i will wait a least 2 more weeks if i can manage before give him any solids.
    however i dont want to give his alreadymade products, du you know any recipe for first time babay breakfast?

thanks once more

marthaimage