Forum home Babies Breast & bottle feeding
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Formula and airport security :/

Hello ladies
This has probably been asked sooo many times but i can't find it anywhere.

I'm looking for someone with quite recent experince of taking formula through airport security.
We are taking DD to Florida in 4 weeks time (she will be 4 months) and have no idea how to take her formula through. She is on Aptimil Comfort so can not use cartons image we will need quite alot since it is such a long flight.

Do we make it up and take it through?
Take boiled water in the bottles and powder in the pots?
Take the powder in pots and try getting a flask filled with boiling water from a restaurant?
or something else!???

I'm so confused. Please HELP!!! :\?

Carly & Freya 12 weeks

Replies

• I think you will probably need to make these up yourself before the flight and they will mak sure taste them as you go through security because of the liquid restrictions. The powder will probably need to be unopened. I would give the airline a call or look on the online FAQ's they must deal with this every day, I always just used to make up what I needed for the flight and buy what I need there
  • Hiya
    Just got back from Ireland. I made 2 bottles up in advance, chilled them in the fridge then used the themos bottle carriers to keep them cool. They made hubby taste both bottles to make sure they weren't suspicious. On the way back hubby specifically asked me to just put one bottle in as it tasted awful so i did and they let us straight through without even tasting it!

I suspect America will be very security concious so be prepared to taste the milk. I wouldn't take any powder in your hand luggage as I can imagine they would be suspicious of powders.

Some airlines say they don't have facilities for heating bottles, i just ask for a tea with the tea bag seperate when they say this!

Good luck and have a lovely hol!
    xxx