Forum home Babies Breast & bottle feeding
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Help / advice needed

Girls

my week old baby is formula fed on Amptimil and i use TT bottles
during the day there are no probs what so ever feeding, he is a little greedy and will gulp milk, bring back a little and then generally wind ok and then off we go again but come night time its a completly diff story.
he screams, is sick, gets all het up and all sorts yet i do nothing diff, if anything its a more calm environment as its low lights in my bedroom all ready for bed ect (as hes sleeping in a moses basket next to our bed)

Please can anyone help me here as to wtf is going on only one week on now ive had like 5 hours kip and even my hubby is getting to his wits end.

anyone else have / had this?
all comments and suggestions very welcome

xxxxxxxx

Replies

• Options
    We had this with our first and ended up using anti-colic bottles (Dr Browns and then MAM ones). Also we had to [ay much closer attention to getting the temperature right. If it was slightly on the cool side it seemed to be much worse. Also I promise it's something they just grow out of. He's only been around for a week. It's quite a different world to where they've spent the last 9 months! Our ds took 3 months to adjust (he's 13 months now). The sleep deprivation is killer but you kind of get used to it after 3 or 4 weeks. We used to tag team the boy so we'd get some sleep each. And by 6 weeks they're smiling and not because of wind and it's amazing how much better it makes things. Oh, and ds had day and night completely mixed up. The best way through was to sleep when he slept in the day and hang the housework - infact, if you've got a willing mum/mil you could ask them to have a fettle round once a week for you to take the pressure off - my mum was a star with this.

All in all, just keep going lovely. It gets easier all the time and before you know it you're stressing because you need them to finish some spag bol without throwing too much of it on the floor before they head off to cause untold trouble with your tv remote.
  • Options
    Hay up honey,
    Although I am breast feeding Alana did exactly the same. She didnt sleep a wink at night for the first 2 wks and if she did it was just a cat nap in our arms, she would just cry and cry until her next feed. As Clare did we worked on a relay basis, I would sleep between feeds until 4am then hubby would give her back to me and sleep until 10am, we were like passing ships but thankfully she began to work it out and at 4 wks is sleeping between her feeds at night for 4 hrs then 5 hrs most nights.
    The first 2 wks were so hard but do try and hang on in there it does get easier. Again as clare suggested try napping in the day, even just half an hour here and there helped me no end.

BIG HUGS XX