Forum home Babies Breast & bottle feeding
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Hi, Little Bit Of Advice?

hey everyone, had my ickle boy on wednesday and i'm bottlefeeding him...just wondered what to expect with my breasts? they've been fine up to now but at the moment they are quite hard, lumpy and sore...i'm guessing from a few of the recent posts that this is normal? but does it get worse and how long does it last? it's bearable at the moment but with having a c-section i'm quite stiff and achey as it is and i can't be bothered with more of it lol thanks x

Replies

• Options
    Your milk will come in tomorrow (usually happens on day 3) and your breasts will be BIG and hard believe me!!! I look like Pammy anyway with my 36Gs lol so when the milk came in I looked ridiculous.

We had our friends and their (at the time) 6 month old, I had a cuddle with him and he kept turning towards my boob lol, his dad yelled "He smells MILK" out and it was so obvious and embarrassing!

Yes it can make your boobs hot and painful but mine weren't too bad. Just make sure you have lots of breastpads and they should go down within a few days
  • Options
    lol how embarrasing!! thanks for ur reply, glad to know it's nothing to worry about! they are a little bit better now but i've got my pain relief sorted out properly today cuz i was all over the place yesterday with only just coming home...hope ur ok image x
  • Options
    Hey, my milk came in on day four- remember getting up to my other half laughing at the big wet circles on my pj top :lol: My boobs went to a 36F and they really were rock solid and painful!! It only lasted a couple of days for me- Oliver is now nearly 2months and im still leaking milk though.... My advice is to wear a bra as often as poss with the straps as tight as they can go, and sleep on your side in recovery position. Good luck image xx
  • Options
    I was like Jordan when my milk came in it was awful looking as I lost so much weight at the end of my pregnancy i'd wee skinny legs & massive jugs!! Cabbage leaves changed regularly ( like every hour) that have been cooling in the fridge are great but drinking epsom salts from the chemist helped disperse my milk. although it tastes disgusting it works. good luck and congratulations on ur LO xx
  • Options
    In general I have no boobs but when I had Kara and about day 3 I was massive but they were really sore and tight. I couldn't believe the feeling. It was horrible. I used cabbage leaves as well and they worked. It does take a few days to calm down but it does go away although at the time it doesn't feel like that to you with the pain.