Forum home Babies Breast & bottle feeding
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Water???

Hello

In the procees of changing to bottlefeeding and my HV adviosed that once fully bottlefed she will need water too.
Can anyone help me with how much water i should be giving her each day as my hv didn't specify?!

Thks x

Replies

• Options
    Hi there,i bottlefeed my son and also give him water but dont think there is a right or wrong amount to give them.I make up a bottle of 4 ounces of cooled boiled water a day and give it if and when.If it's a hot day he will take quite alot and sometimes I will have to make more but otherwise it usually is enough to last him through the day.As for when,I usually give it to him when he wakes from a nap if it's not bottle time or if its a hot day more often.dont know if I've helped.hope so.
  • Options
    Again, there isn't a set amount! I offer it if she is hungry less than 3 hours after a feed and also on hot days inbetween feeds! tbh though, my lo only really takes it when it is hot!