Forum home Babies Breast & bottle feeding
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

babies that didnt take to any bottle...

Did a sippy cup work? What solutions did you come up with? Lila is 16 weeks old and refuses any kind of bottle that we have tried mostly every day since 8/9 weeks. We have tried tt, advent, nuk and a new adiri on the way. Formula milk, expressed milk, me in the house/out the house. Any advice?

Replies

• g/c here my dd is now 3 she never took to a bottle or any kind of teat, she did however get on with a sippy cup or even better was those 360degree cups you can get, that and a proper cup? hope that helps a little

• my daughter's 9 months and having same issue. she takes a little from a sippy cup but not enough to stop bf. I really need to wean her off the breast as just found out I'm pregnant again and don't think i'll cope feeding 2!
  • My DD started taking a little from a sippy cup at about 6 months. When she was weaned, I was giving her water from one and she'd take a fair bit, so I started with milk at about 6 months and she'd take about 3ozs.

Then when she was about 7 months, I was making up a feed in a bottle and she reached for it, so I gave it to her and she drank the lot. I was going to bypass bottles, but she'll happily take 7ozs from one as opposed to 3 from the cup, plus it's less messy!

Maybe worth leaving it a little while and then having another go?
  • Hi I'm having the same problems. My 18 week old wont take a bottle tried mam,nuk, tt, advent, dr browns, various shop brand ones. Trying her on medula (very expensive so keep trying her with it) she seems to take a few mouthfuls which is an improvement but not enough to really go wild about. MIL was convinced it was just me wanting to keep her on the breast but have even tried formula as at the moment have thrush so can't use expressed milk (told not to by doc). Oh well going to keep trying. She wasn't much impressed with the sippy cup either.
  • Same prroblem here too! My LO wont accept any bottle/teat, she will accept a free flowing cup into her mouth but once her mouth is full she then sprays my EBM back at out. She won't accept a spoon either so weaning could be fun!

For Mikosuk, I got pregnant when my first LO was 7 months, your older baby will probably wean themselves off you, your milk will change to suit your new baby from about 6 months pregnant (the bump also makes it less comfy for your older baby)and the taste will probably "just not be right" for your older baby. x